Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 144

Thread: couple of new things I'm working on

  1. #101
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Large hunter in 52100 with striped ebony. A bit of tapered tang, a bit of chipping on the spine but the handle is all soft, rounded curves so there's no hot spots, including the handle spine. Lanyard bead is made from 7mmRemMag casing. Blade length is 7 inches.

    -resize-lr-2511-jpg-resize-lr-2515-jpg-resize-lr-2526-jpg
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

  2. #102
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hunter in stonewashed 52100 with striped ebony. Tapered tang, fileworked, textured ricasso, thumb rest, lanyard with shell bead, all the doo-dads. The knife will soon be handed over to Garry Mitton for some hand engraving on the bolster, so depending on what the client actually goes for (might be private, he's still thinking) I'll put up some pics of it finished sometime down the track. At this point, it's unsharpened and hasn't had the final clean up.

    -resize-lr-2532-jpg-resize-lr-2546-jpg-resize-lr-2560-jpg
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

  3. #103
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the sheath for a fishing knife today, made it my 'urban camo' colours to match the Dymondwood handle. Blade is RWL34, natch.

    -resize-lr-2636-jpg-resize-lr-2645-jpg
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

  4. Likes LC76, Col Berry, hally72, pap11y liked this post
  5. #104
    Forum Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    VIC
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrick Edmonds View Post
    Finished the sheath for a fishing knife today, made it my 'urban camo' colours to match the Dymondwood handle. Blade is RWL34, natch.

    -resize-lr-2636-jpg-resize-lr-2645-jpg
    Nice work mate.

  6. #105
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....and here's something I've been mucking around with for a while, my side chick. Don't know what it is or what it's for other than a vehicle for me to use some of the handle wood, which is quilted sapele. This wood is now listed by CITIES but I purchased a small board 14yrs ago, well before the ban. Even back then, examples of this quality were rare and very expensive and I haven't seen anything approaching it on the market for quite some time. The blade is RWL34 and engraving was done by Garry Mitton. I haven't made any sort of cradle/ sheath / box for it as yet, still thinking. All ideas welcome !

    Anyway, I'm off for the school hols as of tomorrow, so cop u lator

    -resize-lr-2676-jpg-resize-lr-2702-jpg
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

  7. #106
    Super Moderator Mark Sinclair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    W.A.
    Posts
    4,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    love this one Warrick, the engraving adds a touch of class mate but that timber is sooo nice ...

    what finish did you use ? it looks awesome

    Australian Knifemakers Guild


    https://www.sinclairknives.com/

    https://www.facebook.com/sinclairknivesaustralia

    Schrade USA Collector

  8. #107
    Forum Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bud, Thatís a really nice knife. I have seen a few and I like that Bowie a lot. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrick Edmonds View Post
    here's another belt, sheath and knife combo, in blacks blues and a hint of dark green. I've been getting some feedback about really rough G10 handles being the go on these big hunting knives in wet slippery conditions so that's what's going on here.

    Attachment 40140

    And here's a slim-line bowie-esque do-hicky in brushed RWL34 with cocobolo and African ebony. (I haven't made a sheath for it yet). Showing off both sides, cause it's hard to bookmatch cocobolo, and last pic is for scale.

    Attachment 40141Attachment 40142Attachment 40143

  9. Thanks Warrick Edmonds thanked this post
  10. #108
    Forum Supporter pap11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    3,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrick Edmonds View Post
    .....and here's something I've been mucking around with for a while, my side chick. Don't know what it is or what it's for other than a vehicle for me to use some of the handle wood, which is quilted sapele. This wood is now listed by CITIES but I purchased a small board 14yrs ago, well before the ban. Even back then, examples of this quality were rare and very expensive and I haven't seen anything approaching it on the market for quite some time. The blade is RWL34 and engraving was done by Garry Mitton. I haven't made any sort of cradle/ sheath / box for it as yet, still thinking. All ideas welcome !

    Anyway, I'm off for the school hols as of tomorrow, so cop u lator

    -resize-lr-2676-jpg-resize-lr-2702-jpg
    Cool knife. The wood is very special..
    http://mefflinknives.com

    Add me on Facebook for all of the latest updates on my work and available knives

    https://www.facebook.com/mefflinknives

  11. Thanks Warrick Edmonds thanked this post
  12. #109
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sinclair View Post
    love this one Warrick, the engraving adds a touch of class mate but that timber is sooo nice ...

    what finish did you use ? it looks awesome
    Mark, just sanded it out and then buffed with Renaissance Wax, the wood does the rest. About five years ago I saw another board of full muscle quilted sapele for sale. It was around half a meter long, 30cm wide and 4cm thick, so a good chunk, but it was $800USD plus delivery. (I didn't pay anywhere near that for my board !) So, I'll enjoy the small bit I have and move on I think.
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

  13. #110
    Knifemaker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Adelaide hills
    Posts
    1,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    Hey bud, That’s a really nice knife. I have seen a few and I like that Bowie a lot. Thanks for sharing.
    Frito, I'm a Newcastle boy as well, was born in Lambton, lived for a while at Belmont and went to Newcastle Uni. Would I still live there, .... you bet.
    see my knives at www.riflebirdknives.com

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •